Tuesday 22 July 2008

Celebrity sums

In the absence of absolutely anything on telly worth watching on a weeknight, yesterday I watched Pal Joey from the Sky+ library which I have been carefully curating for just such a cultural famine. I think it's the first film I've seen with Rita Hayworth and, to be honest, I couldn't really see what the fuss is all about.


She seemed to be a combination of this:

and this:

In end-of-the-world news, I have seen a suspicious number of giant ants today, in various parts of London. It's the apocalypse, of course, just so you're in the loop. 

1 comment:

Jane said...

Flying Ant Day! That was such a feature of growing up in London and always followed a few days of warm weather. They seemed to come from every crack in the pavement. After swarming around for a day you wouldn't see them for another year.

Perhaps it's too cold up here for them, or perhaps I'm not quite so aware of minibeasts now that I'm a grown up. (But my daily battle with the moths and daddy longlegs that love my bedroom would suggest otherwise.)