Sunday 10 October 2010

I went to the States because...

And so I'm back! From Outer Space! Or, in fact, New England, where I have been vacationing in all manner of weather conditions, and making a solemn pilgrimage to various iconic and defining sites of American culture:

The site of Thoreau's cabin near Walden 'Walden' Pond…


Nantucket!


The grave of Nathaniel Hawthorne which, when I was doing my A-level English Literature, was the best place for him to my young mind. I mellowed subsequently.

And…



Oh wait, I'm not sure how that got in there. That's a mistake. But still. Mystic Pizza. It's a much underrated movie, I would argue.

I will be back shortly with talk of
Strictly Come Dancing. That won't be good news to some of you. The fact is, me, this blog and Strictly Come Dancing are probably going to be spending quite a lot of time together over the next few months. It won't all be Strictly, but it will be there. I can't fight it. You're going to have to trust me when I say I'll always come back to you afterwards.

This is just something I've got to do.

3 comments:

Wally B said...

So didn't quite make it to the MacDonalds arches then? I hope you had as great trip. I/ we missed your wit and wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Excitement!
Welcome back Miss Jones, hope you had a good trip.
Mr T x

Anonymous said...

You are completely right - Mystic Pizza is much under-rated. I saw it again recently and still loved it. There is nothing wrong with visiting famous film sets - the most exciting part of our trip to Seattle was having coffee in the cafe where they filmed 'Singles'. I sat in the seat where Matt Dillon sat, obviously. Glad you enjoyed your trip x