Friday 23 May 2008

Sweet charity


The Oxfam bookshop on Kentish Town Road is a special cave of treasure that I always like to stop off at when I'm working in the area. You can see the majority of my haul above. But I also bought these beauties. Look! The artwork! The titles!


The inside cover blurb for I Thank A Fool begins 'To most of those around her Liane, the heroine of Miss Lindop's new novel appears to be touched in the head.'  Honestly, how can this, and its charity-shop sibling Come Hither Nurse, disappoint? In the unlikely event that they do, they were only 49p each, which I don't begrudge giving over to Oxfam one little bit. This is just one of the reasons why I am constantly tripping over piles of stuff in my flat, like a hoarding old man in a documentary about the environmental health services.

No comments: